Recently relocated to New England, I wish to obtain regular writing assignments with a special accent on content writing for the Internet. I have a thorough understanding of writing to keywords with respect to optimization for search engines, and my English is faultless. I have a fast 24/7/365 Internet connection and can start writing immediately. I have written for a wide variety of different industries, links to which may be seen in this website. I maintain several personal websites and hold the equivalent of a Masters degree.
2006 – 2014 Self-employed, Martindale, Eastern Cape, South Africa – Copywriter, proof reader, editor, webmaster
Writing content and landing pages for a wide variety of websites, blogs and SEOs
Designing, organizing and opening new websites using WordPress, Dreamweaver, Artisteer and other programs.
1990 – 2005 King David High School, Linksfield, RSA Senior Administrator & Network Supervisor
• Administration and coordination of all the school’s computers
• Administration of Windows NT Server 4.0 with Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 double Network (32 token ring and 18 Ethernet workstations) and of three other networks.
• Instructing teachers and grades 7 & 8 special needs students in the various elements of Office 2000 and other programs
• Maintenance of the school’s Administration Database, including capture of new students and parents, capture of the quarterly marks of some 1,500 students and the printing of reports.
• Development of new School Administration System in Access 2000
• The daily running of the absentees, including teacher absentees and their substitution by computer.
• Teaching Grades 8 & 9 students with learning problems the elements of Microsoft Office.
• Resolving the many minor issues experienced by teachers and admin staff with their computers.
• Webmaster of the school’s website
• Management of Large networked copying machine
1987 – 1989 International Aeradio Abu Dhabi , UAE Air Traffic Controller
• Developed and administered database of all scheduled Middle East flights
1972 – 1987 Civil Aviation Rhodesia & South Africa Senior Air Traffic Controller
• Trained new staff to license status
• Lectured in all aspects of Air Traffic Control
• Devised exercises for and operated ATC Radar Simulator
• Tested candidates for Government Radio Licenses
Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth , UK
• Graduate of Royal Naval Officers’ Course
• Fleet Air Arm Observers’ Course
• Royal Navy Instructors’ Course
• Qualified Air Warfare & Air Weapons Instructor (Masters Degree equivalent – subjects: avionics, ballistics, air navigation, aerodynamics, theory of flight, radar & electronics, air combat, weapons and fuses)
• Drama and Acting Course – Salisbury Repertory Theater
Polytechnic of North London
• Computer Studies and Management Techniques Course
• Novell Network Administrators’ Course
• Microsoft Certified Windows NT Server 4.0 Administrator
Interests and activities
Writing, Acting, Theater, Ballet, Music, Art, Travel, Public Speaking.
English, French, a little German